Environmental Advantages of PeroxyMAX
Environmental responsibility is essential for long-term success. Reducing the environmental footprint of chemicals, limiting persistent residues, and eliminating toxic byproducts are key elements in making operations more “green.” Clean Chemistry’s PeroxyMAX technology is a safer choice for the environment simply as a result of its intrinsic properties.
- PeroxyMAX is consumed rapidly, leaves residuals that are generally recognized as safe (GRAS) and degrade easily in the environment.
- Generated on-demand, no active product stored on site.
- No formation of toxic, halogenated oxidant byproducts or VOCs.
- No added stabilizers with their associated environmental concerns.
- Lower COD/BOD content than similar products (e.g., peracetic acid).
- Chemical feedstocks are storage stable and non-persistent in the environment.
Scale inhibitors are a common additive in water treatment systems due to their ability to prevent the minerals in the water from building up or “scaling” on water-wet surfaces. Clean Chemistry’s water treatment service frequently encompasses the use of scale inhibitors to minimize maintenance and prolong system longevity. Our scale inhibitors are designed to be robust and work well over an extended period while maintaining the following characteristics:
- Are comprised of non bio-accumulating components;
- Exhibit bio-degradation rates under OECD Tests 302A or 302B ranging between 20 and 90% in 28 to 35 days; and,
- Effective dosing is achieved at concentrations over 10 times less than the LC50 levels for aquatic species (fish and plants).
Supply Chain & Logistics
Clean Chemistry procures and transports high concentration feedstocks where possible and has engineered its equipment to utilize highly concentrated chemicals in an efficient manner; this reduces trucking requirements and its associated emissions.
- Test No. 302A: Inherent Biodegradability: Modified SCAS Test, https://doi.org/10.1787/9789264070363-en
- Test No. 302B: Inherent Biodegradability: Zahn-Wellens/ EVPA Test, https://doi.org/10.1787/9789264070387-en